The Eurobank Holdings Board of Directors manages Eurobank Holdings and is its business leader. It serves its role efficiently, in compliance with Greek legislation and its contractual obligations towards the Hellenic Financial Stability Fund, specified in the Relationship Framework Agreement (RFA) it has entered with the HFSF. It employs international best practices.
The Eurobank Holdings Board of Directors operates guided by our vision, our values and the standards we adopt. It is collectively responsible for the long-term success of Eurobank Holdings. The Board of Directors:
- Sets the strategic aims of Eurobank Holdings. To achieve them, it secures the necessary financial and human resources.
- Assesses the potential risks and manages them sensibly and efficiently.
- Ensures that its members act for the greater benefit of Eurobank Holdings and fulfil their institutional duties. It assesses the performance of the Management in consistency with the Board and Board Committees Evaluation Policy Eurobank Holdings follows and offers guidance to the Eurobank Holdings human resources.
- Ensures that Eurobank Holdings meets its commitments towards shareholders and third parties.
- Decides on issues relating to managing Eurobank Holdings and its assets, achieving its aims, and representing it before the courts and in out-of-court settlements. The only issues excluded are those that fall exclusively within the jurisdiction of the General Meeting.
Integrity and credibility
The duties of the Eurobank Holdings Board members are clearly separated. The Chairman and the CEO cannot be the same person.
The executive directors of the BoD:
- Implement the BoD strategy.
- Monitor the operation of Eurobank Holdings.
- Take care of daily management issues.
The non-executive directors of the BoD:
- Promote and safeguard the interests of Eurobank Holdings.
- Assist in developing strategic proposals, by exercising constructive criticism.
- Approve and review the Remuneration Policy of Eurobank Holdings and oversee its implementation.
The independent non-executive directors of the BoD may submit independent reports to the General Meeting, either jointly or individually.
The Eurobank Holdings Board of Directors consists of 3 to 15 members, who comply with the Board Member Diversity Policy and the Nomination Policy of the Directors Eurobank Holdings follows.
The supreme governing body of Eurobank Holdings, the General Meeting, is responsible for appointing the BoD members. The General Meeting:
- Appoints the BoD members and decides on their office term, in line with the legislation and the Articles of Association.
- Appoints the independent non-executive directors.
- Appoints alternate directors to the Board of Directors to replace those who resign, pass away or are relieved of their duties.
- Decides on any issue that concerns Eurobank Holdings.
View the composition of the Board of Directors.
The Eurobank Holdings Board of Directors convenes regularly every 3 months and extraordinarily whenever required by the law or our needs.
- In Greece, it convenes in municipalities within the prefectures of Attica, Thessaloniki, Patra and Irakleio, Crete.
- Abroad, it convenes in the capital cities of the European countries where Eurobank Holdings operates or has a subsidiary.
The meetings take place at the Eurobank Holdings headquarters or via teleconference.
The BoD Secretary keeps the minutes of the meetings. The BoD members approve and sign them during subsequent meetings.
Every 3 years an internationally acclaimed independent external advisor with experience and know-how may assess the performance of the Board of Directors and its committees. It recognises their strengths, identifies anything that could be improved, and proposes ways to boost efficiency in managing and overseeing Eurobank Holdings.
The Hellenic Financial Stability Fund then examines the assessment of the Board of Directors and its committees. It identifies weaknesses and improves work methods and efficiency, despite the adverse times and the limitations imposed by the legislative framework.
Find out the members and committees of the Eurobank Holdings Board of Directors.