At least 20 days before the General Meeting date, we inform our shareholders and give them access to all necessary information, in compliance with the Greek Law. The Notice of General Meeting includes:
- Date, time and place of the Meeting.
- Items on the agenda.
- Participation and voting rights with the relevant procedures.
- Minority shareholder rights.
- Relevant documents available.
All resolutions and information about each General Meeting are posted under Investor Relations on the Eurobank Holdings website.
Participation and proxies
We help our shareholders participate in General Meetings. All Eurobank Holdings shareholders have the right to participate in person or appoint a proxy.
Proxies must be appointed at least 48 hours before the General Meeting date.
Given the exceptional circumstances and the measures taken by the State to address the spread of Covid-19, Eurobank Holdings’ General Meetings will be held via teleconferencing, in accordance with Article 33 par. 2 of the Legislative Act dated 20.03.2020 which was ratified by Article 1 of L. 4683/2020 (Government Gazette A' 83/10.04.2020) and was further amended by article 4 of L. 4702/2020 (Government Gazette A' 130/03.07.2020) (in Greek).
Find out how to participate in shareholders’ General Meetings via teleconferencing.
We encourage our minority shareholders to take active part in Eurobank Holdings operations. We apply the provisions of Article 141 of Greek Law 4548/2018 on company law reform as to the procedures, deadlines and ways of exercising individual and collective minority rights.
General Meeting duties
The General Meeting is solely responsible for all issues outlined in Article 117 of Greek Law 4548/2018 on company law reform. These include:
- Amendments to the Articles of Association, such as share capital increase/decrease.
- Appointment of Board members and auditors.
- Approval of the overall management by the Board and release of auditors from liability.
- Approval of the annual financial statements.
- Annual earnings distribution.
- Approval of full or partial disbursement of remuneration.
- Approval of the remuneration policy and the remuneration report.
- Mergers, splits, conversions, reinstatements, duration extension, etc.
Convening a General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting is held once a year.
The Eurobank Holdings Board of Directors has the right to convene an Extraordinary General Meeting when this is considered necessary or required by Law.
The General Meeting of the Eurobank Holdings shareholders duly convenes when the required quorum is present, in compliance with Article 130 of Greek Law 4548/2018 on company law reform.